Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Reorganizing to be better prepared

Before I had any plans to be better fit to survive a long term event that will cause grocery and general stores to only be good for shelter my wife and I began stock piling things that some would consider to be overwhelming. These things consist of mainly personal hygiene products. We have a room full of items but the organization is completely out of control. My project over the next couple days is to prepare our room for the event that might never come.

Currently we have no organization of the items and most of the stuff is just piled on top of each other. 

My plan is to better organize the stuff, inventory the items and then prepare a list of items that we would still need. Some people might ask why I would care about personal hygiene items like shampoo, conditioner, soap, paper towels, toilet paper etc. So I have established a good answer. We will have these items for a few reasons 

#1 even during an event that renders most of the world dead or in search of sustainable life, personal hygiene will still need to be a very important concern! This will be especially true in the event that there was a pandemic. All of the viruses and diseases that are present prior to the global catastrophe will still be a concern following the event.

#2 Once the event takes place it will be nice to have those things that still keep you in touch with reality. It will be ever soothing to still be able to use toilet paper or to wash your hair and body.

#3 These types of items can be good trade items in the post-apocalyptic world. When the trades start it will be surprising to some to see that they still have access to those items that remind them of what the world used to be. 

I will organize the room and then share with the reader my organizing tips, important items, needed items and how to inventory the items..

This might take a minute, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment