Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cutting down on waste and getting immediate rewards

Soda! I love it! I also love to have the occasional night on the patio by the fire where I always accidentally drink a 12 pack of cold ones. In other words my family uses a lot of aluminum for our drinking pleasure, more than we should I am sure. We could just throw the cans in the trash but why would anyone do that? 

Lest face it people even if you could care less about the fact that landfills are filling up at alarming rate, you cannot ignore that aluminum is $$$$$... and why the HECK would anyone throw $$$$$ away?!?!


So this is what you do:

Google aluminum can buyers in my area

Get out your phone book

Ask your friends

Call your local Chamber of Commerce. 

However you do it, locate your local scrap yard that will purchase your cans off of you! 

This will help me fund my project over the next year to become less dependent on outside resources. It will not make me rich but every cent is going to help me during this time to become independent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment