Friday, August 31, 2012

Disappointing Rain Barrels

Where I am located we have been in a drought all summer. This drought is about to get a nice kick in the butt with this rain that is left over from Hurricane Isaac which will hit my house any time now. It is projected by our newscasters that we will see anywhere from 3-5 inches of rain over the next few days. While I tend not to listen to the weather man, I am making an exception in this case only because it is clear on the radar that the storm is still rather big. 

The disappointing part is I do not yet have my rain barrels in place so all this wonderful rain will simply run off my gutters and run into the yard. 

Even with me missing this rain I have made it a point NOT to complain about one thing during this storm. If you live in the Midwest US you know exactly what I mean! How can I complain about us getting rain??

So even with the rain barrels not being completed yet I still want to say to you all HAPPY SHOWERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment