Friday, August 24, 2012

Safe guarding my rain barrels for filtration and consumption

In order to prepare my rain barrels for water consumption by myself or my family I must follow the same guide lines as I did when safeguarding from algae and mosquitoes.

The key to this will be the storage for the water. I cannot store my drinking water in this barrel long term because I am unable to treat the water while in the barrel. I will have to relocate the water that I plan to filter as soon as I get the amount of water I am looking for. 

how I plan to do that is to use 5 gallon buckets to relocate the water. I will run it through the filter and then store the water in different containers. 

The important part is to protect the water from additional contamination and to move it to the filter as soon as you can. You do not want the water sititng idle for too long, you would like to get the fresh rain water into the filter and utilize it as soon as you can. 

I will cover water filtration tips in upcoming posts, as of now know that you CANNOT DRINK THE WATER WITHOUT FIRST TREATING IT!

For more information see Safe guarding my rain barrels from Mosquitoes and Safe guarding my rain barrels from algae growth.


No comments:

Post a Comment