Friday, August 17, 2012

Plans for the Next Year!

So a reader might wonder what it is that I plan to do over the next year that will help me be less reliant on others and more capable of surviving any type of event that might require my family to live off the grid for any amount of time. 

Well the first thing I am going to do has already been done, this is my chicken farming. From here I have many things in mind. Some of the bigger products that I have in mind that I will study, plan and execute are the following: 

I plan to tap into my well system and set up a water system that can be used for sustaining my gardening and my chickens. I also plan to construct a rain barrel system so that I can also utilize that water for those same reasons. I would like to develop a possible filtration system so that either the well water or the rain water can be drank by my family if needed. 

I plan to develop a power system that will allow me to have free energy that my family can harvest for our own personal usage. I plan to do this by wind and if studied long enough by solar power. These projects will be the hardest because I am not going to spend a lot of money to make it happen. Currently my family has a gas powered generator but gas might become an inaccessible resource, so to still use my gas powered generator I will explore the ides of constructing a gasifier that can be used to power the generator when gas is no longer available to the free world. 

I will plan and establish a garden that will be big enough to feed my family. 

I will also explore the need for security in the event we would have to defend off predators or others that might try to steal our goods. 

I will have many other projects that will come into play but I think these will be the biggest projects. WE WILL SEE!

I will read books, other blogs, online forums, watch YouTube videos and just use my own know how. Any information I find online that contributes to my completion of a project will receive credit for doing so. I will share both links and videos with my readers and keep you informed of any books that I feel are good reads. 

Please hang around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment