Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rain Barrel Progress

Thanks to the generous downpours that I got at my house this weekend I was able to miss some great harvesting. Although I was unable to have the rain barrels in place I was able to get them all cleaned out, which proved to be easier than I thought it would be. 

To clean my rain barrels I simply put the hose in the barrel and filled it up, then I dumped it. I also used a flash light to look down into the barrel to make sure that all the previous contents were gone. I used my 'High Powered Spray' setting on my spray nozzle which worked well at spraying off the sides that I could see. 



With that being completed I was about to start the construction when my dog got sick and had to be taken to the vet. After our visit to the vet I had to medicate him back to health which he is finally, slowly, coming to today. 

Next on my list is to move the barrels into place and begin doing a dry run with my pipe and determine if the position is correct then I will do the final installation and begin my rain harvesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment