Monday, August 20, 2012

Earning my bones


I received an email today about my ad for the barrels. I have a person that is supposed to come by tomorrow afternoon and buy 3 of them. This means that I will have already paid for my barrels! Now I need to sell the rest so I can have my rain barrels for free! 

In order to break even on all materials I will need to be right around $80. When I hit that amount, whatever I make over that I will put towards my next project. I have three things in mind that will be perfect for the upcoming months. 

The first thing in mind is to establish some way for curing meat. This can be a somewhat easy task, but I have to take a lot of precautions! I will cover those once we get to that project!

The next thing I have in mind is building a small greenhouse. This will be perfect for housing my herbs and vegetables during the colder months of the year. This project would require some funds and a great deal of time. I was given some plans on how to build one for rather cheap, which I will share with all of you when the time is right! 

Then there is the third idea, establish a clean heating system in my outdoor workshop. Currently I have a natural gas powered heater. I plan to do away with that all together and use only a wood stove to heat my garage. I have the stove already, I just need to hook it up.

I will decide on which project to do when the time comes. I will also listen to my readers. What would you like to see me do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment